This instrument is a KM-855 or Bella Voce model. The intricate inlay on the fretboard and peghead is adopted from the Gibson Bella Voce model banjo from days gone by. The finish is a dark deep burst.
The Bella Voce returned for 2007 but was later discontinued. Each Artist series f-model mandolin was hand-carved and hand-graduated from high grade mountain spruce and northern maple for the best tonal characteristics. Setting this model apart is a beautiful ebony fingerboard with the elaborate "Bella Voce" inlay pattern and matching peghead overlay. Solid, hand-carved and graduated select spruce top
- Solid, hand-carved select highly flamed maple back and sides
- Vintage high-gloss Nitrocellulose lacquer finish
- One piece maple neck with dovetail neck/body joint at 15th fret
- Radiused fingerboard with modern extension over the body
- Bound ebony neck with "Bella Voce" fingerboard and matching peghead overlay
- Vintage-style bridge with small adjustment wheels
- Traditional 2-screw truss rod cover plate
- Bone nut
- Highly polished nickel silver frets
- High-quality gold-plated Gotoh tuners with engraved plate and removable buttons
- Gold plating
With soft rectangular case.